The Best RV Tankless Water Heater To Take On Your Next Road Trip
People are fortunate today, thanks to the modern technologies that make life more convenient and fast. Now, no one can tell that you cannot enjoy hot water when you go camping or on a road trip. All you need to do is finding the best RV Tankless water heater.
Click to View Post Navigation
- Types Of RV Tankless Water Heaters
- Things To Consider When Buying A Tankless Water Heater For Your RV
- Benefits Of Using Tankless Water Heater For RVs
- The Best Way To Use A Tankless Water
- Best RV Tankless Water Heater On The Market - 2018 Reviews
Types Of RV Tankless Water Heaters
- Electric. It is a cost-effective and environment-friendly option. It is easy to install a water heater that is operated by electricity. You can use solar panels or generators to have an electricity supply in your vehicle. An electric heater is 99% efficient and eliminates the problem with greenhouse gas emissions.
- Gas. This kind of water heater needs kerosene or propane to run. A gas heater has an efficiency of 85%. It is cheaper than an electric-powered unit due to the low cost of gas. When it comes to the installation process, it is essential to have some venting. Also, the release of greenhouse gases causes it to be harmful to the environment.
Things To Consider When Buying A Tankless Water Heater For Your RV
Water Capacity - Recreational vehicles typically have the capacity to fit 6 gallons of water in a standard water heater. But you have the option to upgrade your tankless heater with a 10 gallon water capacity. Choose your unit that is suitable for your needs. Do you travel alone, with a couple of friends, or with the entire family?
Water Output - This refers to the gallons per minute (GPM). This coincides with the amount of heat the unit releases per minute, and the amount of water that runs through the shower.
Heat Output - This indicates the British Thermal Units (BTU) in the Tankless water heater. If the machine has a higher BTU number, it is an efficient product, as it can make the water hot quite fast.
Durability - A tankless water heater that is made from the best quality materials can perform up to 20 years or more. If you want to enjoy using your equipment for a long time, choose only the best of its kind.
Accessories - When buying the best RV tankless water heater, you should look for the one that has everything to complete the functionality of the unit. The manufacturer should have included fittings, hoses, showerhead, and the works.
Warranty - If certain problems arise while using the water heater, you can return the product to the manufacturer for repair or replacement without any charge. That is how important warranty coverage is.
Installation - The product should come with detailed instructions on how to assemble the unit. For those who would install the Tankless water heater for the first time in their RV, how clear and easy the installation guide determines if they can do it fast without any assistance.
Benefits Of Using Tankless Water Heater For RVs
Hot Water in an Instant - A Tankless water heater eliminates lag time. While many hot water systems have at least 5 minutes of waiting time, especially when they are being used for the first time of the day, it is not the case with Tankless water heaters. This is because there is no long route of pipes for the water to pass.
Easy-to-adjust Temperature - There are many new models of water heaters that come with a digital screen. This enables you to adjust the level of temperature according to your preference.
Endless Supply of Water - With a tankless water heater, there will be no shortage of hot water. It can provide sufficient supply for the entire vehicle even if all the faucets in the RV are being used simultaneously. Moreover, the water will not freeze during winter provided that the hot water from the heater continues to flow through the pipes.
Efficient Way to Save Space - With all the things your whole family brings with you during your trip, this limits the space in the recreational vehicle. The good news is, it is possible to fit your tankless water heater in a small or hidden space in the vehicle such as in the bathroom.
No Storage Tank - As the name indicates, tankless water heaters do not use a storage tank to work. If there is no tank, there will no water to be stored and winterized.
The Best Way To Use A Tankless Water
- Keep your water heater always clean to remove dirt, hard minerals and impurities that has found their way into the system.
- Follow a regular maintenance. This may help you detect any hidden problems and prevent further damage.
- It is advisable to use the parts that comes from the manufacturer. If you need to buy accessories, they should be suitable to your tankless water heater.
Best RV Tankless Water Heater On The Market - 2018 Reviews
This tankless water heater is perfect for RVs as it is specifically designed for these types of vehicles, and to be used outdoors. It has 20 to 80PSI of water pressure with water flow capacity of 2.6 GPM. The Eccotemp L10 has a 20-minute automatic shutoff timer, which ensures safety. It means saving you from fire and prevent overrunning the equipment.
This portable tankless water heater is ideal for areas that have limited or no electrical supply as it can work by using 2D batteries. The Eccotemp L10 features manual temperature controls. It comes with a 1 year warranty.
The unit includes a stainless Steel hose, shower head, as well as the hardware and mounting packs. For the showerhead, you have the option to use a mist, massage spray, or a standard shower spray. It also comes with a CSA regulator that is intended for the propane tank. In addition, there is a garden hose adapter and stainless steel rain cap.
Keep in mind that you need to drain the Eccotemp L10 water heater when not in use. Dismount it from your RV and store it for future use.
- This tankless shower set is affordable.
- It is compact and portable. The manufacturer recommends permanent outdoor installation.
- It is user-friendly.
- It is more energy-efficient compared to a standard water heater.
- This portable tankless water heater comes without a technical support.
- Apparently, it is not powerful enough in terms of performance.
- You need to apply extra careful maintenance for this unit.
This tankless water heater is powered by electricity. It is one of the most advanced systems in the portable water heater industry. In today's market, it obtains an impressive satisfaction rating from users.
It comes with an Advanced Flow Control feature that allows for continuous flow of hot water in your RV. It can match the demand of hot water supply, regardless of how big it is. Basically, it can provide enough water for medium to large families.
The Tempra by Stiebel Eltron includes new improvements such as hinged cover for easy access, flow sensor design, and upgraded electronics. The design is sleek and slim, which makes it suitable for a vehicle that requires more space.
This tankless electric heater has a water flow rate of 5.4 GPM. With the Tempra 24 Plus, you will not face temperature fluctuation problems. It does not also need venting, considering that it is an electric machine. Make sure you have enough power supply in your RV to keep up with the demands of hot water supply while on the road.
- It is durable and reliable.
- You can depend that is has a constant flow of hot water.
- It is ideal for big families.
- It has efficient temperature controls.
- It comes with a tree year warranty, which can be a disadvantage.
The Rinnai RUC98iN water heater is run by gas. It has 0.96 Energy Factor with an Energy Star certificate on its sleeve. It also boasts 95% thermal efficiency. Now wonder, it receives a high rating it terms of energy efficiency. Due to this factor alone, it does not just help you in saving energy, but money as well.
While the RUC98iN version has an expensive price, the return is you will have low energy bills. The unit has 9.8GPM maximum water flow rate. It can serve a large group of campers without any problem. The manufacturer is confident to say that it can run 4 faucets at the same time. When it is in maximum capacity, it does not make any noise. Pick this one if you want a quite tankless water heater.
You need outdoor venting, as it is operated by gas. The model provides two choices for venting; the twin pipe PVC venting and the concentric one. Both are included when buying the product, which helps with the installation.
With regard to warranty, you have 5 years of warranty for the parts of the item, and 12-year warranty for the heat exchanger.
- It has a large water flow rate.
- It is energy-efficient.
- It is one of the quietest in the market.
- You have 12 years of warranty for the heat exchanger.
- It is considered one of the most expensive tankless water heater available.
While the name may be difficult for some to remember, it does not fail when it comes to value and efficiency. You will remember it for its impressive features.
It has the ability to monitor the water temperatures to keep the steady phase of both the input and output of water. It gives 6.6 GPM of water flow rate and 140,000 BTU. It can accommodate two faucets simultaneously.
The Tagaki is run by gas, which requires outdoor venting. To be exact, this model requires stainless steel venting in 4 inch category III. Compared to a unit that is powered by electricity, the Tagaki gas water heater is more energy-efficient.
The T-KJr2-IN-NG tankless water heater has an Energy Star certificate, which indicates that it is quite efficient with its .81 to .83 energy factor. While it is not that highly efficient as the other models, the affordable price of Tagaki heater is what makes it an attractive choice.
- It is small, hence helps save space.
- It has a high rate of water flow.
- This model is reasonably priced.
- It offers 10 years of warranty for the heat exchanger, 5 years on its parts.
- It requires venting.
- The warranty becomes void when not installed by a certified technician from Tagaki.
This model is lightweight, tankless, and run by electricity. It boasts a good design with equally impressive features inside. It utilizes eco-friendly materials and has passed international standard. The metal and plastic components are of high quality.
The Zinnor electric water heater has an adjustable temperature settings and an automatic shutoff feature. It comes with a maximum power of 1500w.
It is convenient and easy to install. It takes a few seconds to experience hot water from your faucet, but as soon as it starts, the supply is never-ending. Aside from meeting your needs in bathing, hand and face washing, it is also ideal for washing dishes as it has a disinfectant feature.
- The product is premium quality.
- It is considered a high energy-efficient water heater.
- It is durable and long-lasting.
- It is attractive enough that it can be placed alongside any decor.
- It is not as popular compared to the other products on the list.
- It has no Energy Star certification.
On the whole, the best RV tankless water heater is able to give a lot of benefits to the users. Its main purpose is to make your outdoor adventure more convenient. Wherever you are, you can shower and feel refreshed any time you need to. Knowing you have enough hot water with you will add to your peace of mind.
All the products in the list above are great and reliable options, but the first one on the line is the Eccotemp L10 portable tankless water heater with shower set. It looks elegant and can also perform well.
It comes with 2D batteries that comes in handy when there is no supply of electricity available. It is affordable, user-friendly, and suitable for outdoor use. The bottom line is, it is good value for money.