Top 5 Champion Generator Reviews
As you wait for the lights to return, a power generator enables you to continue what you are doing. It is what you need to be able to experience and utilize temporary electricity during a power outage. If you want to buy one, you can begin your search with the Champion generator reviews to help you become familiar with the equipment.
Table of Contents
- Types Of Power Generators
- Features To Look For In A Champion Generator
- Benefits Of Using Champion Portable Generators
- 5 Champion Generator Reviews
- #1. Champion 3500-watt RV Ready Portable Generator with Wireless Remote Start
- #2. Champion Power Equipment 100412 Portable Generator
- #3. Champion 3800-watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator with Electric Start
- #4. Champion 3650-Watt RV Ready Portable Generator
- #5. Champion Power Equipment 100233 3400W Inverter Generator with Parallel Capability
- The Verdict
Types Of Power Generators
It is easy to decide what a Champion generator does. You only need to determine if you want to use it in your RV outings, for your home, or to carry around in your camping adventures. Here are the 6 types of generators available on the market.
1. Diesel Fuel Generator
This generator is considered to be low flammable. It is affordable, long-lasting, and performs efficiently. But, you need to maintain it properly. A Diesel fuel generator is not ideal to use in the wet environment. The machinery can get damaged by the moisture in the fuel.
2. Gasoline Power Generator
It is a popular type of generator considering that gasoline is available most of the time. A generator that is gasoline powered also comes at an affordable price. One problem is, you will not be able to buy gasoline if there is a power outage since you need an electric pump for this. You may store gasoline, but only for less than a year.
3. Diesel Generator
This is a combination of diesel and biological resources; it could be vegetable oil or animal fat. It is good for the environment as it releases fewer emissions. This type of generator is also less noisy. You can store it up to two years. When it comes to availability, a power outage makes it difficult to pump.
4. Propane Gas Generator
This engine burns cleaner and has a longer lifespan than diesel and gasoline. Propane gas is affordable and always available even without a power supply. It releases low emissions and gives a quiet performance. You may store it in cold environment. However, it is extremely flammable and burns more amount of fuel than diesel.
5. Emulsified Diesel Generator
This uses a combination of water that has a mixing agent and diesel fuel. It uses fewer fossil fuels and releases fewer emissions. You can store it for two years. The main issue for using this is that you need to maintain the right water to diesel ratio.
6. Natural Gas Generator
It burns cleanly and works quietly. It is available in unlimited supply. It does not have a problem in cold temperatures. However, this type of generator is typically a standby engine. The installation cost for this is also higher and tends to have a shorter life than a diesel generator.
Features To Look For In A Champion Generator
- Ease to start. For easy starting, a generator usually provides ripcord and decompression. But, you can also find generators that only need a push of a button, or a key to start its operation.
- Oil level indicator. It is an essential feature because a generator that is low in oil can cause damage to the equipment.
- Multiple power outlet. A generator may have more than one 120V AC outlets. There is also an RV outlet, a twist lock, and a DC outlet for battery charging.
- Wheels. You may not need wheels if the generator has a weight of less than 45 pounds. But, if you have a heavy power generator, like 90 pounds or more, wheels become useful features.
- Fuel Gauge. It is easier to see the levels without the need to remove the filler cap.
- Throttle sensors. These features can improve running time and fuel efficiency of the unit.
Benefits Of Using Champion Portable Generators
A lot of Champion generator reviews have proven that people prefer to use a power generator when the electricity goes out. While some people prefer to let darkness surround them, others want to keep going with the help of portable generators.
Here are some reasons why you should consider buying one for your family, business, and RV:
- Mobility is key. A portable generator is easy to carry. You can move it from one place to another, positioning it where you need to use it. Units generally come with a handle and wheels. The wheels in particular are pneumatic, which means that they can withstand any type of land.
- Easy to use. While using a Champion generator is not rocket science, you still need to read, understand, and follow the instructions on how to operate the equipment. Depending on the model of the generator, you may press a button or pull a recoil to start the unit. In addition, a portable generator requires low maintenance.
- Promote safety. The Champion generator reviews are proofs that users feel safe when using their generator. It is because these portable units have safety features that help prevent accidents and damages. There is a mechanism for controlling the voltage, and circuit breaker to stop overloads. Some units use the inverter technology which produces clean energy. Low oil automatic shut-off is also included that turns off the device when the oil level becomes really low.
5 Champion Generator Reviews
This portable generator is 124 pounds heavy and has a capacity of 3.8 gallon. It comes with never-flat tires and a folding handle for easy transport. It performs in 3500 running watts and 4000 starting watts. With its wireless remote start, it can power up the unit as far as 80 feet.
In case the start up battery fails to work, you can use the pull-start lever feature. When running on a full tank, the Champion 3500W portable generator can last for as long as 12 hours. This model maintains a noiseless operation all throughout with 68-decibel output.
You can depend on it when severe storms hit your area and the electricity goes out. It can power up air conditioners, refrigerators, televisions, certain pumps, and lights. It comes with an RV receptacle that connects to your motor hole directly and easily. Moreover, it includes 120V twist lock, 120V duplex outlet, and two more 120V outlets.
It also has a gauge indicator and low oil sensor for easy viewing of the operating time, Hertz, and voltage. This model can also withstand mist without resulting in electrical failure.
- With wireless remote start for convenience
- Semi water-resistant
- With never flat-tires and a folding handle
- With RV connection
- CARB means it is approved in 50 U.S. states
- Can run for 12 hours at full tank
- Overload protector
- 2-year factory warranty
- Oil change is a but difficult due to dipstick position
- Quite noisy for some users.
This 3650-Watt RV ready portable generator by Champion Power Equipment is designed to provide convenience to the users. It also comes with safety features for added protection. Your RV air conditioner in 15,000 BTU will receive enough supply of power from the Champion 100412 generator. For your home, the unit has 244cc OHV single cylinder engine that gives power during an outage.
This model can monitor maintenance intervals and power output by using its Intelligauge feature. It detects operating hours, frequency, and voltage. It also comes with a Cold Start Technology, so there will be no problem powering it up in cold environment. In addition, there is an integrated Volt Guard surge protector that checks and prevents overloads.
It provides several outlets. You have a 120V 30A outlet for RV, 120V 30A locking outlet, and two household outlets with 120V 20A. The noise level of the 100412 Champion portable generator is 68 dBA. It contains 0.6 quartz of engine oil at 10W-30, which means you only need to add gasoline. Fill the tank with 3.4 gallons of gasoline and experience about 9 hours of electricity at 50% load. Your power needs will be resolved during an outage by this model at 3650 running watts.
- EPA certified
- CARB compliant generator, allowing you to use in 50 states
- 3-year limited warranty and lifetime technical support for free
- With low oil shutoff sensor
- Prevents overloads and spikes in voltage with built-in surge protector
- Does not have wheels
- Does not come with an electric start
This Champion Power Equipment generator is run by a 244cc dual fuel engine, which is considered a hybrid. It means it can perform with the use of either propane or gas. It provides 4275W peak load and 3420W of continuous power. Opting to use propane means clean burning and low emissions. When using gas, its powerful engine produces 3800 running watts and 4750 starting watts.
Regardless of your power source, the Champion dual fuel generator can give you enough temporary power to meet your household and RV electrical needs. Farmers and contractors choose this versatile generator for their water pumps and certain tools.
This model has a running time of 6 to 9 hours at 3.4 gallons of gas. It can extend up to 10 hours when you use 20LB tank of propane. The electric starter feature is a great advantage particularly when you use the unit in cold weather. In addition, it comes with a digital display for frequency, running hours, and voltage. Spark arrestor that is approved by USDA and low oil shutoff sensor are additional useful features.
Every single power outlet of this unit is protected by a VoltGuard voltage surge protector and circuit breakers. This consists of 30A locking outlet, 120V 30A RV power outlet, and two 120V household outlets.
- The unit is EPA and CARB compliance
- Great panel design
- With electric start
- Fuel efficient
- Powerful and versatile.
- A bit heavy
- Loud operation
- Some find the grounding terminal on the front area unnecessary.
The 100331 Champion Power Equipment comes with 3650 running watts and 4500 starting watts. It is RV Ready that includes 30A RV outlet. With this power, it is enough to run your RV air conditioner in 15,000 BTU. It is ideal for emergency situations, heavy storms, and power outages. It is useful for hunting, camping, motorhomes, and household essentials.
This model comes with low oil sensor and 224cc OHV 4 stroke engine. This protects the unit during extended run times. When it comes to overload protection, there is the Volt Guard feature. Additional features the are equally useful are Intelligauge digital display, Cold Start technology, wrap-around tubular Steel frame, and engine oil and oil funnel.
This Champion 3650-w portable generator can perform as long as 9 hours at 50% load with 3.4 gallon metal fuel tank. For the outlets, it consists of two 120V 20A household outlets, 120V 30A locking, and 120V 30A RV outlet. For added safety, the unit comes with a Spark arrestor that is USDA approved.
- Can start easily in cold weather by using Cold Start technology
- Prevents overload protection
- 3-year warranty and lifetime technical support
- With Volt Guard technology.
- Not sold in California
- Does not come with wheels
- Does not come with electric start
- The unit is a bit heavy.
This portable inverter generator provides a great blend of convenience and versatility. It has enough backup power supply during camping trips and outages by utilizing 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts. It features Cold Start technology for easy recoil start, and low oil shutoff sensor for added safety.
The unit has 3400W inverter with parallel capability that produces clean power. This inverter technology also helps lessen the electrical load as it uses smart economy mode. The 192cc engine can operate up to 7.5 hours at 25% load.
When the load of electricity decreases, the engine idles in an instant. This model also produces quiet operation, high fuel economy, and long engine life. The outlets include 12V DC outlet with automotive style and dual USB adapter, 120V 30A RV outlet, and two 120V 20A household outlets.
When it comes to the parallel kit, it helps to boost the power output for more than 2800-watt inverters with the help of its clip-on connection. The kit also includes foldaway handle, integrated handles, and never-flat tires.
- 3-year limited warranty
- EPA and CARB compliance
- With RV ready Inverter technology
- Low oil shutoff sensor
- With Economy mode feature.
- Does not come with electric or remote start
- Does not generate power initially
- A bit louder for some users.
When you have a reliable generator in hand, you can count on it for extra power during emergencies, blackouts, and outdoor activities. If you are planning to buy one or add to your collection of generators, the Champion generator reviews can help make you choose easily.
All five Champion products have their own good points, but the overall winner is Champion 3500-watt. This model has a lot of safe, useful, and advanced features. Its capability to give temporary power for up to 12 hours is enough to make it the best choice.
Related: Our Top 4 Predator Generator Reviews.